Magellan Promotions is a rapidly growing promotional advertising specialty company that is located just outside of Milwaukee in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin. We opened our doors in 2005 with the goal of being a world class resource for schools, companies, and other organizations with which we work. We have a collaborative environment , working together towards our common goals. Our company has more than doubled in size since 2011, and we are really excited about our future.
We specialize in helping market colleges, companies, and non-profits through three-dimensional custom imprinted goods. Examples of the products we provide include pens, t-shirts, lanyards and flash drives. However, we are so much more than a provider of products. We position ourselves as an idea company by helping on the creative side through finding the right items to engage, create awareness, reward and /or incentivize for each partner’s need.
Promotional products is a $20 billion dollar industry and our sales rank in the top 5% of all the distributors! Magellan Promotions is a member of PPAI (Promotional Product Association International), an industry association that promotes and supports the growth of the industry.
In March of 2015 Magellan Promotions diversified the business and purchased Transfer Times (www.transfertimes.com). Transfer Times advertises four year colleges to transfer students at community colleges and tech schools. Currently Transfer Times is focused in nine Midwestern states.
Magellan Promotions is a company that prides itself on the culture that we have created. We have a professional atmosphere but still take time to have fun. At Magellan Promotions we enjoy what we do and work really hard to provide the best service to our clients.
Magellan Promotions, a promotional product marketing company, is hiring a Marketing Specialist to coordinate and execute the marketing for the business. In addition to serving businesses and organizations across a wide spectrum of industries, Magellan Promotions serves a few specific niches, including Universities and strategic departments on their campuses.
The Marketing Specialist will be responsible for implementing campaigns and strategies to engage these audiences and provide value to their organizations. The promotional product industry is a relationship business, so effective marketing is key to providing opportunities for Magellan Promotions to create growth.
Here is an overview of the areas the Marketing Specialist will be responsible for:
- Research and generate compelling content for blogs, case studies, website, print, social media and e-newsletters.
- Create editorial calendar that aligns with client and event timelines.
- Manage and update website to provide positive first impressions and favorable user experience.
- Review and monitor effectiveness of digital content to ensure effective use of SEO keyword density.
- Manage trade shows and company events to ensure flawless implementation of strategy and that strategic goals are attained.
- Build and maintain marketing lists and segment data by industry, channel and geographic region.
- Create client onboarding program and create touch point program. Perform market research activities as necessary, including competitive analysis and trending products.
- Engage and build audiences on social media platforms, including LinkedIn and Facebook.
- Investigate and implement advertising campaigns as deemed beneficial, including Google Adwords.
- Construct regular surveys of clients and create initiatives based off of the feedback.
- Create and manage strategic mailings to clients. Attend client facing conferences, industry trade shows (2-3 times a year).
- Handle other projects as necessary.
- Marketing experience in business-to-business or in higher education is beneficial.
- Self-starter who has demonstrated a history of implementing a marketing plan.
- Has been responsible for and has met/surpassed quantifiable goals.
- A positive and organized individual who thrives in a multi-task position.
- Works well individually and with a team.
- Excellent copywriting and communication skills
- Experience in graphic art programs such as InDesign, Abode Illustrator, Photoshop, is extremely beneficial
- Website creation/maintenance (WordPress), SEO, Google Analytics, content marketing and e-newsletter publishing is preferred
- A creative individual who has demonstrated an ability to dial in on what is truly important, effectively communicate the message and provide measurable results.
- Bachelor’s degree with 2-5 years of applicable marketing experience.
Compensation and Benefits
Formal Benefits – Health insurance, matched retirement plan, paid maternity leave, paid time off and a generous paid holiday schedule.
Compensation – Competitive salary based off of experience.