Magellan Promotions is a rapidly growing promotional product marketing company located just outside of Milwaukee in West Allis, Wisconsin. We recently moved into our newly-renovated modern office that we are excited to grow into.
Since 2005, we have helped colleges, business and non-profits build a community through promotional product marketing solutions. Examples of the products we provide include custom imprinted pens, t-shirts, lanyards, flash drives, awards and more.
Promotional products are a $23+ billion-dollar industry and our sales rank in the top 5% of all distributors. We are a member of PPAI (Promotional Product Association International), an industry association that promotes and supports the growth of the industry.
We have three core values that guide our business:
We are innovative – We are never satisfied with the ordinary. We push the envelope, working to not just provide promotional products to our clients but truly add value to their organization through strategic, purposeful marketing products. This means we are researching, asking for feedback, and constantly learning. We will brainstorm ideas, recommend products, and make sure you have the most innovative solutions to reach your marketing objectives.
We are reliable – Our customers can count on us. We understand your project needs and deliver results on time, every time. When you reach out to us, someone is there to answer. We proactively handle the detail work from the day the project begins and we don’t overpromise and under deliver.
We are fun – Promotional products are fun, so working with us should be as well. At Magellan Promotions we take the stress away from our clients. From the work place to day to day communications, we keep things lighthearted and enjoyable for our employees and clients.
The key to our success is providing the best customer service in the industry to our clients. We are looking for a service-minded individual to join our outstanding team of Account Managers, working with our clients on a daily basis to find the promotional product marketing solutions that will help achieve their marketing goals.
The Account Manager position is a multi-faceted, dynamic role where no two days are the same. Our Account Managers interact with our clients on a daily basis managing active projects, providing creative solutions, building strong client relationships and more. Throughout the week, an Account Manager will work on an average of 30 projects with a variety of different clients.
This is a perfect position for a creative and organized individual who is a problem solver and truly loves to help others.
The Account Manager position is an outstanding opportunity for an individual who wants to be a part of a team and have their own scope of responsibility. A successful Account Manager enjoys helping a number of clients on a daily basis, is organized and able to manage multiple projects that vary in depth, scope and intricacy. The Account Manager oversees an ever-expanding group of clients and helps them market effectively through promotional products, apparel, awards and event signage. This position takes the lead on their projects and is responsible for their client’s satisfaction. Through this position the Account Manager is able to directly see how their efforts help their clients and build our business.
The main responsibilities of this position include:
- Interfacing with clients and prospects on a daily basis, providing industry leading customer service
- Quoting projects based on client requests within 24 hours of receipt
- Processing, managing, and tracking client orders throughout the supply chain
- Maintain CRM database and various project tracking documents
- Maintain a high rate of customer satisfaction across all clients
- Representing the company to clients and prospects via phone conferences, in-person meetings and at industry conferences and events
This position reports to the Director of Accounts, and works extensively with the owner and the Account Management team.
- Three to eight years of proven customer delight experience and a Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field. Experience working in a business-to-business company is a plus..
- Ability to communicate with customers in a professional and clear manner. Exceptional written communication skills are required.
- Comfortable with handling multiple projects at one time, without dropping the ball. Ability to respond to all customer emails during business hours, which can exceed 100+ during peak sales season.
- Working knowledge of CRM databases and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to follow sales and service processes put in place by Magellan Promotions.
- Experience with the following software programs is a plus but not required: Adobe Creative Suite, Quickbooks
Characteristics of a successful Account Manager include:
- Calm under pressure
- Independent Worker
- Problem finder
Compensation & Benefits
Fun Benefits – We’re a pretty relaxed group at Magellan Promotions. We have a casual dress code, Friday happy hours, summer hours, paid volunteering time, and more. Remote work opportunities are also available. When sales goals are met throughout the year, we reward our employees with unique and untimed bonuses.
Formal Benefits – Health care, paid maternity leave, retirement plan, generous paid time off and paid holidays.
To Apply – Email a your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please list Account Manager – MP in the subject line.