The Business Development Executive will be responsible for introducing Magellan Promotions to professionals at colleges in order to build and grow relationships. The Business Development Executive will meet with current and prospective clients at their offices, conferences, via video chats and phone calls. When a contact is ready to discuss a specific project, the Business Development Executive will hand the project off to an Account Manager who will further build the relationship with the contact. This position will entail around 25-45% travel.
This is a perfect position for someone who thrives off pushing themselves to meet goals, is responsive to requests, enjoys meeting new people and works well in an autonomous role.
The main activities for this position are:
- Campus Visits – The Business Development Executive will visit campuses nationwide and meet with qualified target contacts and current clients with the purpose of growing and maintaining relationships and opportunities. This position may include up to 15 trips annually, ranging from a day trip to four days when visiting multiple campuses. Prior to the campus visit, the Business Development Executive will plan who to see, schedule the meetings, and work with the Magellan Promotions team to prepare a successful trip. After the campus visit, the Business Development Executive will follow up until the contact is ready to place an order. This position will also coordinate reviews of campus visits with the Account Manager and marketing team to measure the success of the trip and plan next steps.
- Conference Attendance – The Business Development Executive may attend 5-7 conferences annually to introduce attendees to Magellan Promotions and further relationships with existing contacts. Prior to the conference, the Business Development Executive will work with Magellan Promotions staff to outreach to attendees, help plan what to showcase and strategize to make the event a success. Post-conference, the Business Development Executive will follow up with all attendees that came to the Magellan Promotions booth with the intent of scheduling a video intro call to further the discussion and build the relationship.
- Marketing Mailings – When Magellan Promotions sends out mailings to prospects and clients, the Business Development Executive will be the sender to the recipients that are not current clients. The Business Development Executive will follow up on emails, answer questions, help maintain the database and follow up with prospects until a project is ready to hand over to an Account Manager.
- Licensee Leadership – For new and existing licenses, the Business Development Executive will review who current clients and contacts are on the campus, and create and execute an outreach strategy to increase contacts on the licensed campus.
- Territory Growth – The Business Development Executive will create and execute plans with the respective Account Manager and marketing staff to meet territory growth goals.
- Referral Leadership – The Business Development Executive will work with marketing and the account management teams to execute a referral plan.
- Faded Prospects – When a desired prospect discusses a specific project with Magellan Promotions and the project does not move forward, the Business Development Executive will be responsible for implementing a plan to outreach to that individual with the goal of obtaining future opportunities.
This position can be fully remote and will entail around 25-45% travel. This position reports to the Captain of Magellan Promotions.
Our preferred candidate has worked as a collegiate admissions counselor where responsibilities included: having an assigned territory to grow, visiting high schools, presenting at college fairs and meeting one-on-one with numerous prospective students. Past experience proving beneficial to this role includes analyzing assigned territory for opportunities,putting together a plan to hit goals and successfully implement the plan. Since the Business Development Executive collaborates with other Magellan Promotions staff, the candidate needs to work well with other team members.
In addition, the candidate needs to have strong communication skills, both verbal and written. The candidate needs to be adept at creating an engaging conversation with a wide variety of individuals with the goal of building a trusted relationship. Since so much communication is also done via email, the candidate needs to have excellent written communication skills that are succinct yet influential. A successful candidate is service oriented in their communication, being responsive and helpful, providing empathy when needed and always asking for ways in how they can be of help.
Since this position can be fully remote, a successful candidate will have proven success in autonomous situations. The Business Development Executive will be making their own schedule and will need to push themselves to hit the measurable goals.
Compensation & Benefits
Magellan Promotions offers a competitive salary based off of applicable experience.
Fun Benefits – We’re a pretty relaxed group at Magellan Promotions. We have a casual dress code, summer hours, paid volunteering time, and more. Remote work opportunities are also available.
Formal Benefits – Health care, paid maternity leave, retirement plan, gym and cell phone reimbursements, generous paid time off and paid holidays.
How to Apply: Please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Title the e-mail “Business Development Executive – Magellan Promotions”.