The Associate Director of Marketing is responsible for growing Magellan Promotions through strategic and thoughtful marketing. This position will have the sole responsibility for overseeing and implementing marketing strategies on behalf of Magellan Promotions. This includes creating, writing, directing and implementing campaigns and overall strategies that will effectively engage and influence our mainly collegiate audiences by providing promotional product marketing solutions to their marketing challenges.
The promotional product industry is a relationship business, so combining personal engagement marketing initiatives with content rich, solution-based information is key.
The activities that this position will be heavily involved in are the following:
- Content Creation – This position will be responsible for creating written content that is meant to influence and educate the reader while also providing a path to action. Content creation will include e-news, web content, case studies, social media, direct marketing campaigns and more.
- Creative Solutions – Work with the Magellan Promotions team to identify creative and unique solutions that solve our clients’ challenges. Create and carry out a plan to effectively communicate the solution to the target audience.
- Sales Support – Work with the Magellan Promotions team to support, strategize and help implement sales initiatives.
- Sticker Marketing – Magellan Promotions has a sticker niche that will be supported by a dedicated product manager. The Associate Director of Marketing will coordinate with the product manager to maximize cross-selling opportunities.
- Marketing Initiatives – For each initiative, this position will lead the strategy, create an implementation plan, lead the project management of the initiative, write all content and oversee content creation. The Associate Director of Marketing will hold the Magellan Promotions team accountable for the implementation of marketing initiatives.
- Website – Continuous review to ensure best visit experience for the user and keep the content current.
- Trade Shows/Events – The Associate Director of Marketing is responsible for ensuring success at the conferences Magellan Promotions attends each year. This includes handling the booth/exhibit arrangements, and creating and carrying out a conference plan in coordination with the Magellan Promotions team.
- Research – Lead industry research and create resulting marketing plan that demonstrates value of promotional products and generates/nurtures leads with our target audience.
- Client Surveys – Lead client surveys and use the information gained to help direct our marketing, operations and customer success teams.
Success of Magellan Promotions marketing can include monitoring new leads generated by marketing initiatives, awareness of the business (newsletter subscribers, website visits, social media impressions…) and client growth.
This position may be 100% remote with limited travel, including occasional trips to the corporate office and select conference participation.
Our preferred candidate has worked in a marketing specific role in collegiate admissions, university marketing or alumni office for 3+ years. The candidate needs to have an understanding of the challenges and opportunities that higher education institutions face, both now and in the future. The candidate needs to be able to show that they were successful in leading measurable projects on a college campus.
A successful candidate will have clearly demonstrated experience creating and executing strategic marketing plans that cover a range of marketing activities.
In addition, the candidate needs to have excellent influential written communication skills. Experience creating written content that is succinct while also providing actionable next steps is imperative.
Lastly, the candidate needs proven success in autonomous situations. The Associate Director of Marketing will make their own schedule and will need to push themselves to hit the measurable goals.
Compensation & Benefits
Magellan Promotions offers a competitive salary based off of applicable experience.
Fun Benefits – We’re a pretty relaxed group at Magellan Promotions. We have a casual dress code, summer hours, paid volunteering time, and more.
Formal Benefits – Health care, paid maternity leave, retirement plan, generous paid time off, gym and cell phone reimbursements and paid holidays.
How to Apply: Please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Title the e-mail “Associate Director of Marketing – Magellan Promotions”.