The Account Manager position is a multi-faceted, dynamic role with the responsibility of helping businesses, organizations and colleges be memorable through creative and impactful promotional product marketing. Our Account Managers manage active projects, provide creative solutions on potential projects and work with production to ensure client satisfaction on a daily basis. Each week, an Account Manager is involved in a wide variety of projects, including the scope, the types of products involved and contacts working with. In addition the Account Manager is responsible for introducing the company to new contacts and helping build their respective territory.
This is a perfect position for a responsive, creative and organized individual who is a problem solver and truly loves to help others.
The Account Manager position is an outstanding opportunity for a working professional who wants to help organizations build community through creative and memorable promotional product marketing. An accomplished Account Manager effectively manages each project to a successful conclusion for their assigned group of contacts. Each week an Account Manager will be managing a number of projects, each varying greatly in depth, scope and intricacy. There are two general types of projects that Account Managers get involved in. One type are requests for specific products, for example custom imprinted pens, t-shirts and stickers. The other type of projects are requests for products ideas for a specific marketing event. These projects can include product ideas to hand out at conferences, gifts for staff, items to mail to prospects and leave behinds with client visits. Magellan Promotions has a niche working with university departments, so a number of projects will be with collegiate audience in mind. Job satisfaction comes through directly seeing how your efforts help your contacts have successful promotional product marketing campaigns.
Here is how a typical project process flows:
- A contact will reach out to the Account Manager about a project.
- The Account Manager will ask questions to learn more about the size, scope, who is receiving the item and the purpose behind the project.
- From this information, the Account Manager will put together and present a proposal, coming up with creative product solutions to make the project a success.
- When the contact is ready to move ahead on the project, the Account Manager will coordinate with the Magellan Promotions Graphic artist to have a digital proof created of the clients artwork printed on the product.
- Once the proof is approved, the Account Manager will have the product put into production.
- The Magellan Promotions Account Coordinator will handle the project from this point forward, working with production to make sure all questions are answered and the product is delivered on-time.
In addition to handling the day to day projects, the Account Manger is also responsible for client and prospect management and growth of their respective territory. The responsibilities and actions involved include the following:
- Each Account Manager has a territory that they are responsible for helping to grow (this is split up by states). Activities to accomplish this goal include working with the Magellan Promotions marketing and sales to identify opportunities for growth, including potential client visits.
- Introducing yourself and the company via in-person, video and phone calls to new contacts.
- Attend conferences and events with other Magellan Promotions staff to introduce the company to new prospective contacts.
While the Account Managers mainly work out of our corporate office, Account Managers have the ability to work remote one day a week. Also, there is some travel in the position, including a few overnight trips a year. This position reports to a Senior Account Manager.
- Three to eight years of providing high quality service to clients. Experience working in a business-to-business company is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field.
- Exceptional written communication in a professional and clear manner is required.
- Experience presenting information with the goal of convincing an audience is a plus.
- Comfortable handling multiple projects on a daily basis, prioritizing what is most important at the moment while keeping all projects moving.
- Working knowledge of CRM databases and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator and Quickbooks is a plus.
Characteristics of a successful Account Manager include:
- Problem solver
Compensation & Benefits
Magellan Promotions offers a competitive salary based off of applicable experience.
Fun Benefits – We’re a pretty relaxed group at Magellan Promotions. We have a casual dress code, summer hours, paid volunteering time, and more. Remote work opportunities are also available.
Formal Benefits – Health care, paid maternity leave, retirement plan, generous paid time off and paid holidays.
How to Apply: Please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Title the e-mail “Account Manager – Magellan Promotions”.