Fall is a beautiful time of year for campus tours. Striking fall colors and cooler weather are realities of our Wisconsin location. Recent conversations with some Midwestern colleges have us sharing ideas for warm apparel. To further expand on outfitting tour guides and admissions staff for campus tours in the colder months, we assembled a list of our favorite ideas.
Top 5 Ideas for Campus Tour Staff
- Extra Large Umbrella – Keeping campus visitors comfortable and dry in inclement weather is important. What a better way to do this than with a huge umbrella with an 80″ arc? This is a new product that is the LARGEST arc umbrella available. It can hold 4 people underneath! Features vented technology, which allows the wind to pass through the vents. This simply means it’s easier to hold onto on extra windy days. Currently available in black, though we expect more colors to added in the future. Another larger arc umbrella option with more color choices is the MVP Umbrella. With either item, smaller quantities are available, simply let us know what you need.
- Outdoor Weather Gear – Many schools have a closet of 10 or more jackets for their tour guides or student ambassadors. This is more cost-effective than simply giving everyone a jacket. Plus keeping them in the tour office makes it easier to keep track and take care of them. For this purpose, we recommend a durable rain jacket or versatile soft-shell winter jacket.
On those days when it really pours, consider having re-usable ponchos available for visitors. This lightweight poncho is a great alternative to single-use ponchos. It is also eco-friendly and PVC-free.
- Rugby Shirt – A long sleeve rugby shirt is a classic, collegiate look that can be worn over layers, while providing an easy to identify uniform for campus tour guides or staff. Ten different colors available plus custom colors, so you can match your school colors.
- Custom Frame – This is a fun “accessory” that can be used on a campus tour, admitted student day, or any admissions’ event. The custom frame is an extremely popular way to encourage photo taking and sharing via social media. Learn more about it in our Custom Frame Case Study.
- Winter Hats – A warm hat is an essential for cold winters! This is one of our favorite, USA made knit hats because of its retro look with the knit-in lettering. Poms are also a fun, trendy feature.
What tour items did you like best? How do your tours and respective uniforms change with the seasons?
For more campus tour ideas, including promotional products to give to visitors, visit our showrooms:
Contact us with any questions or for additional promotional product ideas.