In working with over 100 colleges nationwide, we start to see some patterns across campuses. Similar promotional items are purchased to help make schools more memorable for prospective students. Differences occur, however, in exactly how promo items are used and integrated into recruitment marketing. Direct mail, high school counselor gifts, event support, social media integration, campus tours, and open houses are just a few common applications. Whatever the use, promotional items WORK to effectively reach prospective students. Without further ado, here’s our list of five most popular items for admissions departments:
Top 5 Most Popular Admissions Promotional Items
1. Table Covers – a college fair and event “must-have”
Table covers are available in several styles:
- Fitted: spandex, full-color option (pictured above), inverted, pleated corners.
- Throw: draped across table.
Choose from 6 foot, 8 foot, or Convertible lengths. For maximum impact, a full-color wrap imprinting is available in the fitted spandex table cover. Additional table covers allow for full- color or single-color imprints on the front panel. To view some of our favorite table covers, visit our event support showroom.
2. Pennants – most iconic of ALL promotional items for colleges. Prospective and current students, staff, and alumni (especially those who are high school counselors and teachers) will proudly display a pennant to show their loyalty, endorsement, and plain old LOVE for a school.
Want to learn more about pennant material types and pricing options? Look no further than our Pennant Buying Guide.
3. Decals – Ideal for direct mail. We have created decals and stickers for several admissions clients that are included in admitted and deposited student mailings. Many decals have been successfully tied to social media photo contests.
One option we like is the new custom postcard decal (pictured above) because it can be mailed without an outer envelope.
4. Stone Coaster – This is an example of a popular desk item to keep your school top of mind with high school counselors.
This absorbent coaster stone is perfect for a favorite mug. It comes nicely packaged in a small box, so it’s ready to hand-out and recognize key constituents.
5. Pens – an essential admissions item
Where would you be at an event without pens? This is a mainstay in every admissions department. Choose from a wide variety of thickness, grips, clicks, colors and price points to fit your objectives and budget. Search our online catalog, or contact us to help you narrow down the thousands of pen options.
Following the technology trends, stylus pens have been extremely popular lately.
What did you think of the list? Are there favorite promotional products that you would add? We’d love to hear what you think!